| Turnout gear is highly technical protective clothing that must pass very stringent testing by the NFPA to meet the dangers of fire and emergency service. Gear that is less than perfect and does not fit puts that firefighter at a greater risk. Located in Guillevin’s Calgary Operation, the FireService Management program ensures that your gear and all of its elements are inspected and repaired before it is called on to save a life.
FireService Management's Care and Maintenance Program offers:
- Create care and maintenance programs that meet the requirements of the individual Fire Departments
- Annual or Semi-annual advanced cleaning and inspection.
- Special cleaning and sanitizing of bio-contaminated garments and components.
- Special decontamination of diesel fuel, oil, tar, paint and waxes.
- Increased firefighter safety.
- Assume third party liability from the Fire Department
- NFPA 1851 2001 Edition Compliant.
- 5 distinct wash programs; 1 Normal and 4 Specialty
- FireTrack database, tracking and reporting system.
- FireTrack uses the sequential numerical labeling system that is sewn into the garment (coat and pants) upon its first inspection and assessment at our facility. The garments are assigned different numbers to track cleaning, repair and costing as well as to historically track each component.
- All FireTrack worksheet summaries and historical reports are available to the individual fire Department for budgeting and cost analysis purposes.
- Patching and repairs for rips, tears or burn holes.
- Replacement of reflective trim.
- Replacement of cuffs, pockets, kneepads, elbow or shoulder pads.
- Replacement of snaps, suspender buttons, zippers, hook and eyes,
- Replacement or repair of collar.
- Repairs to thermal liners and moisture barriers.
- Replacement or repairs to wristlets and waterwells.
Contact your local Guillevin location for more information or contact FireService Management directly at:
- Additional pockets.
- Lengthen or shorten trousers and sleeves.
- Alterations to waist of trousers.
- Name patch or number patch.